He Knew Far, Far Too Much

In the comments which follow my post ‘Inside Information About A Hergest Unit Death’ I discuss a number of suspicious deaths of people personally known to me who were staff or patients of the mental health services in north Wales and the death of Brown’s father. I have given accounts in other posts of the deaths of my two closest friends at university, two attempts to kill Brown’s brother and the deaths of many people who were children in care in north Wales or psychiatric patients, often shortly after they had made complaint or given evidence in Court against the paedophile gang and their associates. The petrol bomb attack which killed five witnesses to the North Wales Child Abuse Scandal is detailed in my post ‘The Silence Of The Welsh Lambs’.

There is one death in particular to which I want to bring attention, so I’m writing this short post about it. It happened many years ago, I presume sometime in the 1980s. It was the centre of one of the first horror stories that I heard about Dr Dafydd Alun Jones.

After I got out of the North Wales Hospital Denbigh, having witnessed what was happening in there and having by then been subjected to so many threats in an attempt to silence me, I realised that Jones was a lot worse than a daft old doctor who had no understanding of his patients. So I began to make enquiries. It wasn’t difficult to gain information about Dafydd – north Wales was heaving with people who could relate some terrifying accounts of his misconduct, law breaking and sexual involvement with patients. I was also told that he had undergone a ‘very messy, nasty divorce’. Dafydd has actually been divorced several times.

The divorce of Dafydd’s that was openly discussed was the one which involved him giving medical evidence against his wife in order to gain custody of their children, whom he had neither the time nor the inclination to look after. Dafydd employed a series of nannies and housekeepers to do that, who were young female patients of his. I was told by local solicitors that after Jones acted an expert witness to declare his own wife insane, it was realised that he was a very big problem indeed.

A local person told me yet more. The circumstances of the divorce were that Dafydd’s wife had left him for one of his patients – I think that his name was Harry. Dafydd maintained that he would ruin both of them. Harry had a history of depression and Dafydd knew much personal information about him. However being in a relationship with Dafydd’s wife, Harry will have known a great deal about Dafydd’s activities, which will have been a good deal more sordid than anything that Harry had ever got up to. Harry probably also knew the identities of the powerful people in high places who were rumoured to be protecting Dafydd.

Dafydd’s wife set up home with Harry and lost her children. Harry was soon found dead. My informant told me that she thought that Harry had hung himself. It was alleged that Dafydd had harassed both his ex wife and Harry and it was assumed that Harry had killed himself because he thought that if he was out of the way, Dafydd’s ex would have a greater chance of getting her children back.

When I first heard this story in 1987 I presumed that Dafydd would have simply used the info that he had about Harry’s vulnerabilities  to cause him as much distress as possible and had then subjected him to an all-out hate campaign – this was what was happening to me and I could see that it was happening to other people.

Thirty years later, after finding out a great deal more about the serious crime with which Dafydd was involved, I realise that Harry was yet another person who was found dead presumably having committed suicide after spilling the pints of the paedophile gang. The beauty about killing someone who has a history of mental illness or suicidality is that their death will nearly always be assumed to have been by their own hand and rigorous enquiries will not be made.

People who complain about Dafydd and the paedophiles tend to be found hanging, to die of heroin overdoses or in car crashes – or of course die in hospitals after ‘all efforts to save their life failed’. It is a very distinctive pattern.

In 2016 when my lawyers sent me yet more documents from my own files that had previously been withheld from me, as well as the mountains of evidence of perjury and serious criminality on the part of the paedophiles’ friends, I found statements and letters that Dr Tony Francis (Dr X) had written about me to third parties, regarding how twisted and dangerous I was and the necessity for me to be incarcerated in a high security hospital as soon as possible.

Francis had written all this within hours of me mentioning the circumstances of Harry’s death. Francis assumed that it had been a member of NHS or social services staff who had told me about Harry, although it wasn’t. Francis had written to senior figures in Gwynedd Health Authority demanding a full investigation to track down the culprit, their instant dismissal and referral to their professional body to ensure that they never worked again. Which would seem to be a gross over-reaction to the imparting of information which was all in the public domain anyway and was being openly discussed by the population of north Wales.

Whilst we’re on the subject, I’ll mention the death of someone else who should be remembered, the death of a former secretary of Dafydd’s who worked at the North Wales Hospital. She maintained that Dafydd was a total perv who regularly suggested that she should dress up in various items of clothing that he found erotic – ‘smokey grey stockings’ entered into the equation. Her relationship with Dafydd wasn’t good enough for this to have been banter between two friends – she loathed him.

I found out about all this when I got to know this lady’s ex-husband. What happened to this former secretary of Dafydd’s? She was found dead – she killed herself of course.  A bit of a deviation from the usual ending by hanging/heroin overdose/car accident though – this person who blabbed fell from a tall building after she moved away from north Wales. Interestingly enough, she didn’t have a history of depression or suicidality.

Author: Sally Baker

I am a writer and a sociologist, originally from Somerset, but I’ve been based in Wales for most of my life. I had my first encounter with a mental health professional in 1984 at the age of 21. My GP described this man to my then partner – who also became a sociologist – as someone who had experienced ‘considerable success’. My meeting with this psychiatrist was a disaster and we attempted to complain about his insensitivity and highly inappropriate behaviour. That was the first time we were threatened and pressurised to withdraw a complaint against a mental health professional. This man is long dead – he was a retired psychiatrist from the North Wales Hospital Denbigh, T. Gwynne Williams, who was working shifts in the student health centre at University College of North Wales (now Bangor University). We discovered years later that this ‘successful man’ was notorious – he had been an enthusiastic lobotomist…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *